Who Are We?
Rise is not your typical accounting firm. We try our best to go above and beyond by becoming trusted business partners for our clients.
Since 1979, we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes create the results and lifestyles they envision by delivering expert insights and guidance to build lasting relationships.
We work primarily with privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services, including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning.
Why Work With Us?
We are an inclusive and dynamic team of highly experienced professionals who provide big firm solutions to privately-owned clients.
We are currently seeking a student for a 4-month Co-op/Internship term beginning in Fall 2023 to join our growing team. As a part of this experience, you will receive hands-on training and mentorship to enable you to gain competencies and technical skills applicable to your CPA program.
Our leadership team is focused on talent development. We prioritize internal engagement, growth, and the advancement of our team members. We understand the value and impact of your professional growth, not only in the company, but on your journey towards your CPA designation.
By the end of your term, you will have a good foundational understanding of financial statements, tax compiling, and reporting. You will learn about common issues private companies face and how to work through those issues as a part of a team.
About the Role
Rise CPA strongly believes in supporting and mentoring CPA students to learn on the go and expand their skills through experience. Over the year, CPA students at Rise have achieved their career goals by working closely with management and clients, gaining on-site training and being a part of a diverse learning environment.
The student plays an active role in the delivery of accounting and tax engagements, meeting expectations for budget, timeframe, and quality.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Prepare working papers and tax returns
- File GST returns
- Prepare CRA submissions and coordinate with CRA to investigate client activities and issues
- Communicate with the team/clients to properly complete engagements
Required Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Enrolled in a post-secondary accounting program
- Working towards the completion of all required pre-requisites to enter into the CPA Program
- Independent, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Previous client service or customer service experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective relationship-builder – we want our clients and your co-workers to love you!
- Bring positive energy to the team
Life at Rise CPA
- 4-day work week during July and August
- In-house training programs
- Open-door policy
- Commitment to support your continued professional development
- Opportunities to advance and grow in the firm
- Casual dress environment
- Social events
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Apply Now.