Who Are We?
Rise is not your typical accounting firm. We go beyond the traditional role associated with most accounting firms and become trusted business partners and advisors for our clients.
Since 1979, we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes create the results and lifestyles they envision by delivering expert insights and guidance and building lasting relationships.
We work primarily with privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning.
Why Work With Us?
We are an inclusive dynamic team of highly experienced professionals who provide big firm solutions to privately-owned clients.
Our team has accomplished great things in the past few years, and we’re looking for more people to join us—people who are passionate – and who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding support to our clients.
Our leadership team is focused on talent development. We prioritize internal engagement, growth, and advancement of our team members as we know your growth will help our organization grow.
Ability for you to work remotely from anywhere in Canada.
About the Role
In this remote client-facing leadership role, you will work closely with our team of managers and associates to implement accounting, tax, and business planning strategies for clients.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing client engagements so that they finish on time, on-budget, meeting our high-quality standards, resulting in highly satisfied clients.
- Managing files, including setting project budgets, planning project activities, monitoring progress by staff, and reviewing projects for accuracy and completeness.
- Solving dynamic accounting and tax questions and problems.
- Mentoring and managing your team.
- Acting as the day-to-day client relationship manager.
- Reviewing financial statements and corresponding tax returns for select clients.
- Preparing submissions for CRA.
- Supporting the marketing of our organization to existing and potential clients, as needed.
Required Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Undergraduate university degree
- CPA designation
- 4+ years of public practice experience, with a focus on audit engagements, which includes planning, executing, and completing financial audits
- 1+ years of experience managing a team
- Thorough understanding of ASPE, ASNPO and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques
- Ability to research and analyze financial statement and audit-related issues
- Ability to provide accounting insights to clients in a clear and concise manner, including insights into complex accounting issues.
- Familiarity with the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses
- Independent, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Multi-tasker and can manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective relationship-builder – we want our clients and your direct reports to love you!
- Bring positive energy to the team.
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Apply Now.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.