Rise is a well-established accounting and advisory firm located in Coquitlam that serves clients across the BC Lower Mainland. Founded in 1979, the firm works primarily with privately-owned businesses and related individuals to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning. Rise also benefits from being a member of both national and international affiliate networks.
About the Opportunity
If you’re looking to join a firm that provides big firm solutions to privately-owned clients, Rise is the place. Staff here enjoy working with skilled and experienced colleagues, an open-door policy with partners, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement for high performers.
About the Role
The Manager, Tax manages specific tax engagements so that they finish on time, on budget, meeting the firm’s high-quality standards, resulting in highly satisfied clients. The successful individual will work closely with the Senior Tax Manager, in tax training for the rest of the firm. They will also identify internal sales opportunities with existing clients and identify prospects through relationships with external partners.
- Designated CPA
- Enrolled in the CPA In-Depth Tax Course is not required but is considered an asset
- Strong tax compliance background with a familiarity of the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses
- Minimum four years of public practice experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Work closely with the senior manager, tax and partner, tax in developing and implementing various tax planning work for clients
- Perform tax research and prepare tax correspondence and memos
- Reviewing complex tax compliance
- Provide support for team members on tax related matters for all clients
- Support the development of and coaching of other professionals and junior members
- Work with other members to generate additional business for the firm from existing clients
We’re looking for people who:
- Are driven to learn and problem solve as our staff are faced with challenging situations on a daily basis
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and providing the highest quality customer service possible
- Bring a positive energy to the team