About the Opportunity
If you’re looking to join a firm that provides big firm solutions to privately-owned clients, Rise is the place. Staff here enjoy working with skilled and experienced colleagues, an open door policy with partners, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement for high performers.
About the Role
The Senior Accountant plays an active role in the delivery of more challenging accounting engagements, meeting expectations for budget, timeframe and quality. S/he also identifies opportunities for selling additional work to existing clients.
- An undergraduate university degree
- A CPA designation
- Familiarity with the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses
- Public practice experience (minimum two years)
- Strong computer skills and understanding of IT tools and systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Communicate with clients in order to properly complete client engagements.
- Conduct client-specific research as required.
- Prepare working papers and tax returns.
- Contact CRA to investigate client activities and issues (not including audits).
- Prepare submissions for CRA.
- Participate in client meetings
- Conduct research on assigned topics to add to the firm’s body of knowledge.
- On an ongoing basis, identify opportunities for additional Rise services with existing clients and proactively move the opportunity forward within the firm as required.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are driven to learn and problem solve as our staff are faced with challenging situations on a daily basis,
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and providing the highest quality customer service possible, and
- Bring a positive energy to the team.