Rise is a well-established accounting and advisory firm located in Coquitlam that serves clients across the BC Lower Mainland. Founded in 1979, the firm works primarily with privately-owned businesses and related individuals to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning. Rise also benefits from being a member of both national and international affiliate networks.
About the Opportunity
If you’re looking to join a firm that provides big firm solutions to privately-owned clients, Rise is the place. Staff here enjoy working with skilled and experienced colleagues, an open-door policy with partners, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement for high performers.
About the Role
The Sr. Manager, Tax manages specific tax engagements so that they finish on time, on budget, meeting the firm’s high-quality standards, resulting in highly satisfied clients. The successful individual will lead the tax training for the rest of the firm, coordinating with other firm managers. They will also identify internal sales opportunities with existing clients and identify prospects through relationships with external partners. For the right individual, opportunity for partnership is available.
- Designated CPA
- Completion of levels I, II and III of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Strong tax compliance and tax planning background with a deep understanding of the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses
- Minimum six years of public practice experience, practicing tax – Canadian private
- Minimum five years of people management experience
- Project management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills with ability to communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Proven record of acting in advisory role for clients and developing strong client relationships
- Leading all levels of tax planning engagements from client proposals to delivery of service
- Manage files, including setting project budgets, planning project activities, monitoring progress by staff, and reviewing projects for accuracy and completeness
- Develop project and tax strategies to solve complex challenges for our clients
- Provide support for team members on tax related matters for all clients
- Support the development of and coaching of other professionals and junior members
- Work with other members to generate additional business for the firm from existing and new clients
We’re looking for people who:
- Are driven to learn and problem solve as our staff are faced with challenging situations on a daily basis
- Are committed to meeting deadlines and providing the highest quality customer service possible
- Bring a positive energy to the team