Who Are We?
Rise is not your typical accounting firm. We go beyond the traditional role associated with most accounting firms and become trusted business partners and advisors for our clients.
Since 1979, we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes create the results and lifestyles they envision by delivering expert insights and guidance and building lasting relationships.
We work primarily with privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning.
Why Work With Us?
We are an inclusive dynamic team of highly experienced professionals who provides big firm solutions to privately-owned clients.
Our team has accomplished great things in the past few years, and we’re looking for more people to join us—people who are passionate – and who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding support to our clients.
Our leadership team is focused on talent development. We prioritize internal engagement, growth, and advancement of our team members as we know your growth will help our organization grow.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Tax manages specific tax engagements so that they finish on time, on budget, meeting the firm’s high-quality standards, resulting in highly satisfied clients. The successful individual will lead the tax training for the rest of the firm, coordinating with other firm managers. They will also identify internal sales opportunities with existing clients and identify prospects through relationships with external partners. For the right individual, an opportunity for partnership is available.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading all levels of tax planning engagements from client proposals to delivery of service
- Manage files, including setting project budgets, planning project activities, monitoring progress by staff, and reviewing projects for accuracy and completeness
- Develop project and tax strategies to solve complex challenges for our clients
- Provide support for team members on tax-related matters for all clients
- Support the development of and coaching of other professionals and junior members
- Work with other members to generate additional business for the firm from existing and new clients
Required Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Designated CPA
- Completion of levels I, II and III of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course
- Strong tax compliance and tax planning background with a deep understanding of the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses
- Minimum six years of public practice experience, practicing tax – Canadian private
- Minimum five years of people management experience
- Proven record of acting in an advisory role for clients and developing strong client relationships
- Experience in project management
- Independent, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Multi-tasker and can manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective relationship-builder – we want our clients and your direct reports to love you!
- Bring positive energy to the team.
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Apply Now.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.