Who Are We?
Rise is not your typical accounting firm. We go beyond the traditional role associated with most accounting firms and become trusted business partners and advisors for our clients.
Since 1979, we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes create the results and lifestyles they envision by delivering expert insights and guidance and building lasting relationships.
We work primarily with privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning.
Why Work With Us?
We are an inclusive dynamic team of highly experienced professionals who provides big firm solutions to privately-owned clients.
Our team has accomplished great things in the past few years, and we’re looking for more people to join us—people who are passionate – and who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding support to our clients.
Our leadership team is focused on talent development. We prioritize internal engagement, growth, and advancement of our team members as we know your growth will help our organization grow.
About the Role
In this client-facing leadership role, you will work closely with the Partners to lead and grow the US Tax Practice to implement cross-border, tax and business planning strategies for new and existing clients.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implement tax planning assignments for clients with a cross-border focus.
- Performing technical research, developing and documenting tax planning recommendations, interpreting Tax Treaties.
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work, such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.).
- Assist organizations in deciding which US corporate structure will be the most effective from a tax perspective – subsidiary, branch, or joint-venture partnership, and assisting clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing that are efficient.
- Reviewing US corporate tax returns and other tax work prepared by staff/managers.
- Identifying opportunities within the existing client base and continued business development to expand the US Tax Practice.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
Required Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Undergraduate university degree
- Canadian and/or US CPA designation
- Completion of the CPA Canada In-depth Tax Course, CPA Canada Foundations of International Tax or US Masters of Tax would be an asset
- 7+ years of public practice experience, with a minimum of 5 of those in the US and/or cross-border tax
- 4+ years of experience managing a team
- Strong tax compliance and tax planning background with a deep understanding of the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses operating in the US
- Experience in project management
- Independent, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Multi-tasker and can manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective relationship-builder – we want our clients and your direct reports to love you!
- Bring positive energy to the team.
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Apply Now.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.