Who Are We?
Rise is not your typical accounting firm. We try our best to go above and beyond by becoming trusted business partners for our clients.
Since 1979, we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes create the results and lifestyles they envision by delivering expert insights and guidance to build lasting relationships.
We work primarily with privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning.
Why Work With Us?
We are an inclusive and dynamic team of highly experienced professionals who provide big firm solutions to privately-owned clients.
Our team has accomplished great things in the past few years, and we’re looking for more people to join us—people who are passionate – and who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding support to our clients.
Our leadership team is focused on talent development. We prioritize internal engagement, growth, and the advancement of our team members as we know your growth will help our organization grow.
About the Role
In this client facing leadership role, you will work closely with the other members of the tax group and the management team to implement tax and business planning strategies for new and existing clients.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Performing technical research and prepare tax correspondence and memos
- Reviewing complex tax compliance
- Provide support for team members on tax related matters for all clients
- Support the development of and coaching of other professionals and junior members
- Work with other members to generate additional business for the firm from existing clients
Required Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Undergraduate university degree
- CPA designation
- Enrolled in or completion of the CPA Canada In-depth Tax Course would be an asset
- 4+ years of public practice experience, with a minimum of 2 of those in Canadian private tax
- Strong tax compliance background with an understanding of the issues and challenges faced by small-to-medium sized businesses
- Independent, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Multi-tasker and can manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective relationship-builder – we want our clients and your direct reports to love you!
- Bring positive energy to the team
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Apply Now.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.