Who Are We?
Rise is not your typical accounting firm. We go beyond the traditional role associated with most accounting firms and become trusted business partners and advisors for our clients.
Since 1979, we’ve been helping businesses of all sizes create the results and lifestyles they envision by delivering expert insights and guidance and building lasting relationships.
We work primarily with privately-owned businesses to provide a unique, customized, and coordinated mix of services including accounting and assurance, tax planning and advisory, business improvement advisory, mergers & acquisitions advisory, and estate and succession planning.
Why Work With Us?
We are an inclusive and dynamic team of highly experienced professionals who provides big firm solutions to privately-owned clients.
Our team has accomplished great things in the past few years, and we’re looking for more people to join us—people who are passionate – and who share our values and commitment to providing outstanding support to our clients.
Our leadership team is focused on talent development. We prioritize internal engagement, growth, and advancement of our team members as we know your growth will help our organization grow.
About the Role
The US Tax Group Specialist plays an active role in the delivery of tax compliance and planning engagements, meeting expectations for budget, time frame and quality.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Preparing US and Canadian personal income tax returns, forms and related filings
- Performing technical research and preparing tax correspondence in connection with Internal Revenue Service and Canada Revenue Agency Notices and Related Requests
- Providing support for team members on tax related matters for all personal tax clients
- On an ongoing basis, identify opportunities for additional Rise services with existing clients and proactively move the opportunity forward within the firm as required
Required Experience, Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Undergraduate university degree
- 2 years of public practice experience
- Familiarity with US and/or Canadian personal income tax
- Independent, highly motivated, and a self-starter
- Multi-tasker and can manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Bring positive energy to the team
Are you ready to take your career to new heights? Apply Now.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.